Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Worship in Spirit and Truth: John 4

S: John 4:23-24:

O: This scripture, Jesus is telling that true worship is worshipping in "spirit" and in "truth."  In the Message, one verse mentions:  "your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth."  This means more and now I can make a little more sense of "spirit and truth".  When we worship God, our spirit, our soul must be in sync to adore the Lord.  How many times have I falsely worshipped, when my soul was not ready.  Or, even if the spirit was, I was not ready to go before the Lord and worshipping false things.  Worshipping in truth means that when we come to worship Jesus, we do it for his sacrifice on the cross for us and that he is Lord of our lives.  Anything less is not the truth.

A: Worship does not mean that we do it only in church.  We must worship in both spirit and truth, whenever we do it.  Our heart must be in the right mind and also that we are worshipping for the right reason...Jesus, who died on the cross.  Anything else is not adequate. 

P: Lord, I pray that my worship is worthy to you.  I know a lot of times I come in not the right spirit to your throne.  I know you are my Lord, and I pray that you continue to work my heart and show me your truth.  Amen.

No comments: